GraphHopper.com | Forum | GitHub | Maps | Blog

Difference between open source car and graphhopper maps car

Hey @karussell and @boldtrn,

I noticed some distance differences between open source car and the graphhopper maps car profile. I have used the germany pbf and the ch preparation before calculating the routes.

Did I miss some optimization I can activate to get closer to your routes or can you give me some hints, where the open source version is different to your production version on graphhopper maps.

Can you also give me some hints how you achieved that the truck drive on the highway instead of national roads? I tinkered around with the weighting and tried to prioritize highways, but I’m not that satisfied with my results.

Best wishes,
Martin

We applied some further heuristics that are beyond the open source project: Improved Feature: Better ETA values Basically detecting inner and outer city and then applying different speed values, plus taking into account different vehicle profiles.

So we have a post processing after the usual import and change the speed values based on road type and inner/outer city.

Can you also give me some hints how you achieved that the truck drive on the highway instead of national roads?

You convert the different tagging into different speed / priorities just like we do for car. I do not remember anything special.

Thanks for your reply :slight_smile: We found a way to get better routes and prefer highways more instead of national roads.

Can you explain a bit more about your solution?

hello,I’ve some problem just like you. I want to match freeway but map-matching matches to the other roads and have so many unneccessary u-turns. and can you tell me some solution ? thanks

Please do not hijack other unrelated topics and create new ones instead.