Working with locally installed web service

Graphhopper seems very comprehensive but unfortunately not intuitive to work with (at least, for me). I need some guidance for using and experimenting with the above mentioned.

I have installed graphhopper web service locally following the instruction on github:

and accessed the localhost:8989 via chrome.
Berlin’s area is displayed OK with from/to fields for routing.

How do I change the map to another area of interest? should I start over with a .pbf file for my area of interest or can just a new map be loaded?
Can only .osm.pbf be used? what about .osm.bz2 or, .osm locally stored?

The commands listed in the URL above result in ‘server-started’ - is the ‘server’ manifested anywhere in windows Task Manager? how much resources does the ‘server’ use? can it be stopped in any way?

Is it possible to use ‘map matching’ and ‘shortest path’ on the locally installed web service? where can I find simple instructions for this operations?

is it possible to batch process ‘map matching’ for multiple trajectories?

yes

They should all work

The resources that will be used depend on the Xmx/Xms settings of the command you used to start the server. The same goes for stopping the server. You just need to stop the process that is running it.

Yes, there is a /route and a /match endpoint.

Take a look at the match command which is also documented here: graphhopper/map-matching at master · graphhopper/graphhopper · GitHub