Why can't motorbikes pass this road?

Hi everyone,
I have a problem that I don’t understand: Why can’t other vehicles go through this road besides cars? Is there any special config!

Thank you!

What other vehicles? And where is this road? Can you share links to the routes you think aren’t working on graphhopper.com/maps?

Yes, I tried with bike but it’s not working as with car.

It looks like none of these roads should be used by bicycles, let alone pedestrians?

Looking at this route: Driving Directions - GraphHopper Maps

It seems like we allow the trunk_link for all vehicles, except for bicycles, which seems quite strange. But then why is this trunk_link different to this one:

It must be related to the fact that the latter has maxspeed=40 but the former hasn’t. Anyway, why are foot and bike profiles allowed to use trunk(_link) roads in the first place? @karussell?

This depends on the country. Often it is allowed on trunk for bike+foot: OSM tags for routing/Access restrictions - OpenStreetMap Wiki

Related to Improve CountryRule interface · Issue #2592 · graphhopper/graphhopper · GitHub

So if I want to allow pedestrians to move on that road, how should I change the config? I don’t know which config allows that what vehicles are moved on the trunk link street!

Thank you so much!

Often it is allowed on trunk for bike+foot:

Ok, but why is the trunk_link accessible for foot but not bike here? And why are trunk_links with maxspeed=40 allowed for bike, but those without are not?

Not sure. But there is a explicit bicycle=no tag for at least one way: Way: ‪Quốc lộ 1‬ (‪977793636‬) | OpenStreetMap

Which could lead to islands of forbidden access and trigger our subnetwork removal (?)

So if I want to allow pedestrians to move on that road, how should I change the config? I don’t know which config allows that what vehicles are moved on the trunk link street!

You need to look at Bike/Foot/CarTagParser.java

Yes, that could be it. It seems strange that this way has explicit =no tags, but not for pedestrians.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.