Unlock vehicles for open source application

Dear all,

I’m the developer of the RouteConverter open source tool for the Desktop. It is available in a Offline Edition that uses GraphHopper as a routing engine.

Now users asked to use more vehicles, which brought me to the support, which pointed me to this forum.

So: is there a way to increase the number of vehicles when I’m giving a away my software for free?

Best regards
Christian

1 Like

You can add more vehicle profiles to the configuration:

graph.flag_encoders: car, foot

or in Java: new EncodingManager(“car,foot”)

1 Like

I know I can add more vehicles. Currently I have bike,car,foot and 4 bytesForEdgeFlags

I’d like to use MotorCycle, MTB, RacingBike, Truck but after adding a 4th vehicle even 8 bytesForEdgeFlags are not enough.

Then I’ve read Documentation - GraphHopper Directions API and read

Please note, that turn restrictions are considered only with ch.disable=true and for the free package you can only choose from car, bike or foot.

And thus I’ve asked myself how for example the Cruiser app could offer 7 vehicles?

1 Like

Cruiser offers all the available options in GraphHopper core, that can build in offline graphs.

How to build the graphs with many vehicles and what limits exist, @karussell can say more.

GraphHopper since 0.11 changed a lot, so don’t know if can support it in Cruiser like before. :slightly_smiling_face:

Please try this before we release 0.11 so that we can fix bigger issues :slight_smile: . There are no changes regarding the storage so everything in this regarding should work as before.

I’d like to use MotorCycle, MTB, RacingBike, Truck but after adding a 4th vehicle even 8 bytesForEdgeFlags are not enough

Yes, motorcycle uses a lot bits and e.g. we do not offer motorcycle ourself anymore (kurviger does this in cooperation with us). After 0.11 we are improving this limitation and more vehicle profiles will work within the same graph.