Unable to build

Hi,

When I execute
./map-matching.sh action=import datasource=./map-data/leipzig_germany.osm.pbf [vehicle=car]

I get
[ERROR] Failed to execute goal on project graphhopper-map-matching: Could not resolve dependencies for project com.graphhopper:graphhopper-map-matching:jar:0.8-SNAPSHOT: Could not find artifact com.bmw.hmm:hmm:jar:0.2.0-SNAPSHOT in sonatype-oss-public (https://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/public/) -> [Help 1]

And If I try to browse to
https://oss.sonatype.org/content/groups/public/com/bmw/hmm/hmm/0.2.0-SNAPSHOT/hmm-0.2.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

I get a 404.

Is the dependency to the BMW HMM broken?

(Apologies if I have made a fundamental mistake - I’m totally new to the Java/Linux world)

Many thanks,
Jason

The hmm-lib is not yet in maven central and we build it locally from the hmm-lib subfolder. I forgot to build it before building the rest in the script, which is now fixed & pushed. Please have a try.

[vehicle=car]

ups, you should use vehicle=car and the brackets indicate that this is optional. Will make it more clear in the docs

Wow - that was quick! :grinning:

It builds fine now, however when I tried the next step:
./map-matching.sh action=match gpx=./track-data/.*gpx
I realised that there is no track-data folder.

Obviously we will need to provide our own data, but I wondered if this was intended to be included in the repo as an example?

Also, should .*gpx be *.gpx ?

Oh, looks like we did not update the readme for a while now.

Some of the sample files should work: ./matching-core/src/test/resources/

Also, should .*gpx be *.gpx ?

Probably, although I’m not 100% sure. Will update the quick start soonish and fix this :slight_smile:

I updated the path to the folder you suggested and used *.gpx and it is now working fine, many thanks!

1 Like

Thanks a bunch for the questions and trying this out :slight_smile: !

And we’ll hopefully further improve the map matching itself soonish, e.g. there are still failing simple examples which is ugly.