GraphHopper.com | Forum | GitHub | Maps | Blog

Seemingly inefficient routing when adding more points


#1

I am currently testing your API as a possible method to improve the routing for vehicles of the municipality of Copenhagen. For now we are testing this for our trash collection. When creating a route for 20 trashcans it seems to have an easy to follow route but when introducing 79 trashcans (needed one point for start/end) the route seems to go crisscross over the map, has many u-turns, returns often to an area it has already been and some trashcans have a “pickup” element but no route connected to them. Is this really the most optimized route? As input I used min transport time and services with no constraints. I included an image of the route (the numbering shows the order of pickup, triangles/arrows show direction) (some points may be hidden due to zoom-level)


#2

Would you mind to send us the original json request? In this way we can analyse the problem much better. Either post it here or send it per Mail. Thanks, Stefan


#3

Very sorry, just realized I used shipments instead of services. Question remains the same though.
Kladder_INput.json (43.2 KB)


#4

Yes, it would be much more performant if you used services instead. Anyway, we ll check your problem asap.


#5

Found out there was a problem with the coordinates of the trashcans, now the route snaps to all trashcans. But there still is something “wrong” when using shipments instead of services, I still get a lot of seemingly unneccesary u-turns and returning to areas. I have run a quick test of both with the following outcome (input added underneath images):

Services:


TestServices_INput.json (24.6 KB)

Shipments:


TestShipments_INput.json (42.2 KB)