Seeking Help with Optimized and Eco-Friendly Routing in Grasshopper Maps for UK

I’m new to working with GPS data and I’m looking to use Grasshopper Maps in my company to determine the most optimized routes as well as eco-friendly alternative routes in the UK. Can anyone provide some guidance or tips on how to get started?

Do you mean A-to-B routing? Then you can use the Routing API and let it return a few alternatives (algorithm=alternative_route) and do some client-side calculations on what you think will be eco-friendly.

And/Or you include a custom model to avoid hills, reduce max speed, avoid motorways or cities and preferring shorter distances etc. See this blog post for more information about the custom model.

Thanks @karussell for quick reply. I will check out blog.

In detailed explanation of my problem is
Let’s say, I start with location “A” and need to return to “A” while covering B,C,D,E,F,G,H(eg. 200 drop locations).

So, “A” will be depot in my case, so vehicle start with “A” and need to generate optimized route for all locations as well as eco friendly route with Grasshoppers.

In my case, eco-friendly routes will less fuel consumption, low carbon emission etc.

If you need to change the order of the stops than you’ll need the Route Optimization API. For that API you can adapt existing vehicle profiles using the Profiles API.

Let me know what you have in mind or more details about your requirements, so that I can advise you better. It is a pretty broad topic.