Round_trip with via points

Hi all!

Is it possible to have via points for round trips? So creating something like, A -> B(via) -> C(via) -> A.
I tried it but I get the error “For round trip calculation exactly one point is required”.

If this is not possible, what is the best way to implement this?

Thank you in advance,
Cat

What kind of result do you expect? You have two options:

1. algorithm: round_trip takes a single point and calculates a round trip automatically (it uses some heuristics to create via points and then calculates routes between them)

2. via routing: this is the default if you specify multiple points. Calculates routes between the points you specified and connects them to each other.

Are you looking for some kind of road trip where some points are enforced, but more are generated? This is not supported currently. If you are familiar with Java programming take a look at RoundTripRouting.java.

1 Like

Yes the last thing is what I wanted, enforcing some points and having the others generated. I did found the RoundTripRouting.java file and implemented it myself, thank you for your response :muscle:.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.