Open Source GraphHopper doesn't respect driving signs and rules

Hi, I am trying to use open source graphhopper which is running in docker container (as described in a manual). I got a map from http://download.geofabrik.de/russia/central-fed-district.html. But when I compared my local graphhopper and openstreetmap.org’s graphhopper, I realized that they produce different route. Local instance of graphhopper doesn’t respect driving rules at all.

And I don’t understand WHY. (Is this information about allowed turns was missed in downloaded map?)

I don’t need solving “special” problems like a TSP. I don’t need any optimization. I need simple shortest “allowed” route for car. So I suppose that I don’t need a special functionality from jsprit (Am i right?). What I don’t understand is why open source graphhopper build wrong route? If open source graphhopper can’t this, why was it made ?

Local instance of graphhopper doesn’t respect driving rules at all.

Are you talking about forbidden turns ? Turn restrictions are disabled by default, and you can enable them here: graphhopper/config-example.yml at 05a7fb1a74bbf85cc1b22d1a6beabc3648a6c75f · graphhopper/graphhopper · GitHub

To use this with speed mode you also need to set prepare.ch.edge_based=edge_or_node and add edge_based=true as query parameter for your routing request.

So I suppose that I don’t need a special functionality from jsprit (Am i right?).

Right, if all you need to do is calculating shortest paths you do not need jsprit.

If open source graphhopper can’t this, why was it made ?

What kind of answer do you expect here ?

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.