New to Graphhopper, want to build project for solving VRP, optimized routing

Dear Experts

I have few questions before I start on this project, excuse me for my ignorance please :slight_smile:

• Is it better to start with the Open Source version ? or the hosted API ?
  • Is the Open Source version completely independent from the server side of graphhopper?, is it completely free ? there is no limitation on the number of vehicles or routes or whatever ?
    any guidelines on how to start playing around with it please?
  • in both cases, (APi or Open Source) how to draw the routing results on a map ? with ArcGIS things are more clear than here when it comes to including maps, maptypes, layers, etc.
  • The most important question, does both support Optimized routing for the middle east region ? how the maps / traffic get updated in case of the open source thing ?

Sorry for the many questions, and Thanks for your kind support

See here for a comparison:

https://www.graphhopper.com/open-source/

“Better” really depends on your requirements. For us the hosted API is obviously better :wink:

Is the Open Source version completely independent from the server side of graphhopper?, is it completely free ? there is no limitation on the number of vehicles or routes or whatever ?
any guidelines on how to start playing around with it please?

In short: yes … see here: GraphHopper · GitHub

The most important question, does both support Optimized routing for the middle east region ?

You’ll need to combine the GraphHopper routing engine and jsprit and then it should work, yes.

how the maps / traffic get updated in case of the open source thing ?

You’ll have to do it

Excuse me, if you want to build your own environment, how can graphoper and jsprit be used together?

1 Like

Graphhopper provides the time and distance between points using roadnetworks which allows jsprit to use that point data to optimize delivery/pickup/service routes based on vehicle requirements/restrictions

There are no docs about how to combine these two. or maybe I’m dumb. Either way, can you help me with that matter?
How can I combine these two and install them on my local machine and use “/vrp” endpoint?