Memory Leak on importOrLoad GH

Hello @karussell, I tried to release used memory after .importOrLoad finished. This is my code, I used GraphHopper v1, which need to .close in your documentation to remove object from memory.

graphHopper.importOrLoad()
graphHopper.close()

My JVM is openjdk:8u292-slim-buster, running on Docker Container
But my RAM usage still high, even after 10 hours my GC (I used -XX:+UseParallelGC) can’t release it. What should I do ?

importOrLoad have finished at 17:45, but RAM usage still high until 8.00 the day after

I could observe the same thing. Our application restarts graphhopper instances multiple time, until eventually the instance is killed because it uses too much ram.

1 Like

Did you measure the memory usage inside the JVM? Or externally from the operating system? If externally, then make sure you use a low Xms value if you need the memory released.

Our application restarts graphhopper instances multiple time, until eventually the instance is killed because it uses too much ram.

This sounds like a different (configuration?) problem.

btw: we run many GraphHopper instances in production, under high load, sometimes for years, without an issue. Of course, I wouldn’t exclude a bug, but to investigate we would need reproducible instructions where such an issue happens. Also it is important to use a recent GraphHopper version (currently 4.0).

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.