Improve speed of point_hint

continue from https://github.com/graphhopper/graphhopper/issues/1717

maybe rather reduce the number of edges that are parsed ? For example even with a radius of say 300m there should only be max 10 edges ?
btw I do not think github issue emails are such a big problem, its easy to mute an issue when it becomes too noisy ? still better than having to track multiple sources (slack+forum+github+email+rocket chat :)) ?

maybe rather reduce the number of edges that are parsed ? For example even with a radius of say 300m there should only be max 10 edges ?

Especially inner city I don’t think that this is the case. But probably will have to run Measurement to say how many edges we have on average.

still better than having to track multiple sources (slack+forum+github+email+rocket chat :)) ?

This is a tough question. Of course a chat is out of question as we have this discourse here and slack is a no-go IMO for an open source community. But moving all discussion including questions of new users from here to github would be ugly. But for developer discussion about issues you are probably right regarding the mute button and too many sources.

Hmm true this was a bit too optimistic (maybe I am spending too little of my time in cities :wink:

Agreed. I am not saying we should move the forum to github, the forum is great. But also I do not think its bad when there is some conversation in a github issue (especially when it is focused on the issue). And its better than a chat, e.g. this way I could at least read whats going on (now or later), (or decide for myself its of no interest to me and unsubscribe).

Ok, let’s define:

• developer discussion if issue focused should stay at github, avoid extra stuff here
  • user discussion and all non-issue dev discussion should happen here

So we’ll keep discussion for the issue at github :smiley:

1 Like