Import of changes

Apologies if this has been discussed before, I was expecting to have been, but couldn’t find anything.

I have an existing server running into which the planet PBF file was loaded.

What are my options for applying updates ?

1. Can I load one or more change sets (perhaps with pre-processing them through something like OSMUpdate.
  2. If I have to reload the entire PBF file can that be done whilst the server is running, or must I stop it, clear out the data (?) and reload it ?

Manu thanks for any help / pointers to information.

Welcome Steve.

Can I load one or more change sets (perhaps with pre-processing them through something like OSMUpdate.

This is not possible with GraphHopper but you can easily merge multiple PBFs into one with osmconvert: Osmconvert - OpenStreetMap Wiki

If I have to reload the entire PBF file can that be done whilst the server is running, or must I stop it, clear out the data (?) and reload it ?

It is required to drop the graph folder and do an entire re-import yes. Still multiple graphhopper instances can run on the same server (using a different port, or with multiple GraphHopper.java instances even in one JVM but this requires change in the source code, see Add ability for restart of graphhopper instance remotely for unattended graph updates on servers · Issue #211 · graphhopper/graphhopper · GitHub). Furthermore you can even remove the graph folder while the service is running, if you are using graph.dataaccess: RAM_STORE

Hi Peter,
Many thanks for your response.
Ok, that’s not quite what I want as I just sought to grab the changes deltas. These are only available in XML format as far as I can tell. So it’s not quite joining multiple PBF’s (unless I am missing something).

Steve

You can also merge xmls and i think it is possible to apply the xml changes with a similar tool. Graphhopper can import xml too.

Being able to partially update the files from either changefiles, or perhaps simpler, an updated pbf for a given region would be an amazing feature to have. When using graphhopper at the continental scale it becomes quite costly to generate a new graph.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.