GraphHooper Parent Project failure

GraphHooper Parent Project failure
when executing sh graphhopper.sh import iraq-latest.osm.pbf in command line (Windows 10)

[ERROR] Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-failsafe-plugin:2.19.1 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-failsafe-plugin:jar:2.19.1: Could not transfer artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-failsafe-plugin:pom:2.19.1 from/to central (https://repo.maven.apache.org/maven2): sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: PKIX path building failed: sun.security.provider.certpath.SunCertPathBuilderException: unable to find valid certification path to requested target -> [Help 1]

Highly likely a java installation issue. Can you use the latest JDK8 or 9 and try again? If this does not help please print the java version you used.

Thanks for your quick response, java version am using is java version “9.0.4”

I have downgraded the version to java version “1.8.0_161”

now GraphHopper Parent Project … SUCCESS [ 0.159 s]
[INFO] GraphHopper Core … FAILURE [ 3.724 s]

please help me out of this.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.5.1:compile (default-compile) on project graphhopper-core: Compilation failure -> [Help 1]

Is there a description of the error or more output?

Hi i need to generate routing files,

so when executing sh graphhopper.sh import iraq-latest.osm.pbf in command line inside my master folder(Windows 10)

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.5.1:compile (default-compile) on project graphhopper-core: Compilation failure -> [Help 1]
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.5.1:compile (default-compile) on project graphhopper-core: Compilation failure

Did you set your JAVA_HOME?

yes, my Maven and JAVA_Home where set in my env variables

Stuck up with the compilation error i was not able to proceed any more. i have attached screenshot too about the error in my previous reply, please help me out.

Do you have installed a JDK or only the JRE?

The Java Runtime Environment is only for run Java applications.
To compile code with javac you need the Java Development Kit installation.

yes, i have installed JDK ,
GraphHopper Parent Project … SUCCESS
GraphHopper Core … FAILURE

GraphHooper checkout version - 0.9 as well as 0.8
not working in both.

demo project is running good, am trying to generate routing files for India, i have followed the steps given in the docs,

running the .sh file am getting failure response as mentioned in the above screenshot.

please help me out, searched a lot and read many topics in this forum and tried a lot with that, but ending in the same result @karussell @devemux86 @boldtrn

Maven in image seems to know as Java home the JRE location.
Like mentioned above should set JAVA_HOME to JDK installation.

1 Like

Hi,
i have set maven path and JDK as mentioned like here,
https://www.mkyong.com/maven/how-to-install-maven-in-windows/
but still am not able to get success with compilation,

please check the attached screen shot, help me out of this to fix this error @devemux86

Hi, not able to proceed any step.I have tried in two systems(Windows) resulting in same result as screenshot shown above. Help me in generating routing files. @boldtrn @karussell @devemux86 @discobot

This seems like a local maven issue. Try deleting your locale mvn repository, check your internet connection, your console reports a certificate issue, try entering javac in the console and see what happens.

on entering javac -version in command prompt it displaying the version as javac 1.8.0_161

Thanks for your clue, i have solved that issue. now while generating the routing files .map file is missing in that extracted folder @boldtrn @karussell @devemux86 @discobot

1 Like

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @discobot display help.

1 Like

The map files are Mapsforge maps, can get them in their download server.

(see also documentation)