GH8 - How to migrate profiles with weighting=fastest

Hi,
is there any document that explains how to migrate the custom profiles that use weighting=fastest to GraphHopper8?

I have a profile like this one in GraphHopper6.1:

vehicle: bike
      weighting: fastest
      turn_costs: false

If I convert it to the one below in GraphHopper8, do I get the same configuration?

vehicle: bike
      weighting: custom
      turn_costs: false
      custom_model_files: []

Was distance_influence set to 0 in GraphHopper6.1 when weighting=fastest?

Was distance_influence set to 0 in GraphHopper6.1 when weighting=fastest?

Yes, there used to be weighting=short_fastest which took into account distance as well, but for weighting=fastest the distance_influence was 0.

If I convert it to the one below in GraphHopper8, do I get the same configuration?

Yes, I think so. If custom_model_files is empty and vehicle is bike the speed/access/priority will be taken from the bike_average_speed/access/priority encode values just like in the old FastestWeighting.java. But better take a closer look at FastestWeighting.java, there used to be an extra handling for access=private/destination: graphhopper/core/src/main/java/com/graphhopper/routing/weighting/FastestWeighting.java at 6d3da37960f56aa6b9c4b1ffd77f70ebebff8747 · graphhopper/graphhopper · GitHub

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.