Avoid nodes withs specific tag

Hi,
I’m improving the wheelchair profile with the insertion of other elements to be avoided. I’m trying to avoid for example the raised kerbs. Now the code avoids the ways with that tag, but the tag is mainly used with nodes and not with ways. It is possible to avoid the nodes with a specific tag?

I’m improving this https://github.com/graphhopper/graphhopper/blob/master/core/src/main/java/com/graphhopper/routing/util/WheelchairFlagEncoder.java

Thanks,
Lorenzo Stucchi

Hi Lorenzo,

It would be really great to improve this wheelchair profile further. Unfortunately the node tags are currently not as easy to customize as the way tags.

Still, in the FlagEncoder there is the method handleNodeTags(ReaderNode node) that can be used to completely block those nodes and we already block nodes with a kerb barrier as can be seen in line 67:

potentialBarriers.add("kerb");

Or would you need a “soft avoid” or something else?

Hi karussell,

The code in line 67 stop the node tagged with barrier=kerb, correct?

My idea is not to stop all the kerbs but to prefer the node with kerb=flushover the node kerb=raised.

And in particular to adapt the code at line 174 also to the nodes to avoids only the nodes with a value bigger than a threshold. Is this possible?

Thanks,
LorenzoStucchi