Ability to use more GPS points avoiding 414 errors - POST for /maps/ endpoint?

Hi,

I have a problem with displaying many points on the map on a self-hosted graphhoper instance.
The URL contains more than 400 “&point=55.952455%2C19.797775” parameters, so the Dropwizard or intermediate web proxy throws a 414 URI Too Long error.

Is is possible to overcome this limitation by sending a POST request to /maps/ endpoint? I get a method not allowed error if I try. Any other possible solutions?

You could:

• Use the new maps client which already provides basic functionality, even though it comes with a few limitations. It uses POST requests to the /route endpoint. You can find it here. Note that the readme explains how you can point it at your local GH instance.

• Find a way to increase the URL length limitation on the server side. I don’t know how to do this, but maybe this is possible.

• Use a(n empty) custom model. When you enable the custom model box in the maps client it will use a POST request. For this to work you need to use custom profiles on the server side.

• Try to modify the maps client code so it uses POST instead of GET. This might be harder than it sounds.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.