Snapping GPX to roads

I want to create webmap application where I could upload my GPX tracks. These tracks should be automatically snapped to the road network (could be OSM roads). If tracks are not snapped correctly there should be ability to manually drag tracks vertices to snap them to correct roads.

If it would be possible I wouldn’t use routing engines. I also would like not to store road network locally if it is possible.

Maybe somebody could give some advices: if Map Matching based on GraphHopper would be a suitable to implement this task? Are there any tutorial how to start using it? Do I need to have Java knowledge to work with it?

Currently there is only a web service for map matching no UI. But with a bit JS knowledge this should not be hard to implement

If it would be possible I wouldn’t use routing engines. I also would like not to store road network locally if it is possible.

I do not understand this part, then why do you ask here at the forum for a routing engine :slight_smile: ? Or do you mean you would like a hosted solution for this?

Do I need to have Java knowledge to work with it?

As said before: there is a web service which you can use with any programming language but tweaking the matching is only possible via Java.