Missing elevation data

Since today, elevation data is no more included in GraphHopper API replies, both on https://graphhopper.com/maps and my website (based on GraphHopper Maps). The elevation profile is therefore not displayed.

Was there a recent change on the GraphHopper API server? The API requests have indeed elevation=false. Looking at the JavaScript code, it seems to me this value is derived from vehicles feature set, from a call to info. This feature set is empty:

"features":{"motorcycle":{},"bus":{},"small_truck":{},"car":{},"truck":{},"mtb":{},"racingbike":{},"foot":{},"bike":{}}

Was it like that before too, and is this normal?

Thanks a lot for catching this! Indeed there was a rather complex deployment of our API layer - that’s why I also moved this topic into the Directions API. We’ll fix on the API side.

update

This is fixed now.

I confirm. I now see:

"features":{"motorcycle":{"elevation":true},"bus":{"elevation":true},"small_truck":{"elevation":true},"car":{"elevation":true},"truck":{"elevation":true},"mtb":{"elevation":true},"racingbike":{"elevation":true},"foot":{"elevation":true},"bike":{"elevation":true}}

Thanks for the quick fix.

1 Like