How to setup speeds with abs value

Hi,

I’m trying to figure out how to set speeds on graph hopper. I already saw topic on speed factor but it’s not what I want. What I really want is to say that higway as an avg speed of 120km/h and change speeds for other categories as well. Is it possible to do this? How?

Thank you in advance
Miriam

The most user friendly way to do this are custom profiles. Take a look here: https://github.com/graphhopper/graphhopper/blob/master/docs/core/profiles.md#custom-profiles
But note that custom profiles have changed a lot on master since the 2.0 release, so make sure you are reading the right version of this document.

If all you want to do is change the speed on a few types of roads (e.g. for cars) and you are vaguely familiar with Java programming, you could also adjust defaultSpeedMap in CarFlagEncoder.java.

1 Like

Hi,

I thought there was an easier way to configure different speeds. I understand that with CH, when we change speeds everything must be generated again. But when not working with contractions it should be easier.

Thank you for your answer :slight_smile:

I’ll try with yalm.

Cheers

Well it is :slight_smile: This is what the custom profiles are for. However, you have to setup the import for custom profiles.

:slight_smile: ok, thank you for your help.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.