How to increase weight of certain edges

Hi… I have some origin-destination pairs for which i need to find out the shortest paths (fastest). I need to increase the weight of the edges that were used for the shortest path of a pair and thus those specific edges will have a little increased weight for the next path calculation. I do not want to block those, just increase the weights.
e.g. i have 1000 origin-dest pairs. I stored the edges (EGE - int) used in a path calculation and a corresponding value (VAL - float) in a hashmap. So, in path calculation of the next pair, the weights of EGEs will be = weight + weight * VAL. The problem is I don’t understand how to access that hashmap and use in path calculation.

I crated a custom weighting class (MyCustomWeighting by copying “FastestWeighting”) and added:

private double dynamicEdgePenaltyFactor = 5.0 ;
public IntFloatHashMap myWeighedEdges = new IntFloatHashMap();  //contains EGE & VAL
@Override
public double calcWeight(EdgeIteratorState edge, boolean reverse, int prevOrNextEdgeId) {
    double speed = reverse ? edge.getReverse(avSpeedEnc) : edge.get(avSpeedEnc);
    if (speed == 0)
        return Double.POSITIVE_INFINITY;

double time = edge.getDistance() / speed * SPEED_CONV;

// add direction penalties at start/stop/via points
    boolean unfavoredEdge = edge.get(EdgeIteratorState.UNFAVORED_EDGE);
    if (unfavoredEdge)
        time += headingPenalty;

**// get the VAL of the edge**
    if (myWeighedEdges.containsKey(edge.getEdge()))
       time=  time + time * dynamicEdgePenaltyFactor * myWeighedEdges.get(edge.getEdge()); 

return time ;
}

I also added the following to GraphHopper class

public Weighting createWeighting(HintsMap hintsMap, FlagEncoder encoder, Graph graph) {

else if ("MyCustomWeight ".equalsIgnoreCase(weightingStr)) {
weighting = new MyCustomWeighting (encoder, hintsMap);

My q is: if in the main class I create a hashmap (myWeighedEdges) to store the EGE and VALs, how to connect that to the myWeighedEdges in MyCustomWeighting class?

GHResponse rsp = new GHResponse();
IntFloatHashMap myWeighedEdges = new IntFloatHashMap();

List paths = graphHopper.calcPaths (new GHReques t(or-lat, or-lng, des-lat, des-lng).setWeighting("MyCustomWeight ").setVehicle(“car”), rsp)

Is there any other better way to do it? please note that, I am still using the previous version of graphhopper because I am getting errors with SDK while trying to use the new one.

Thanks in advance

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.