Ensure reaching waypoint on the right side of the road

Hi everyone,

I am in a situation where I have to ensure that a waypoint visited for a delivery is reached so that the vehicle is on the right side of the road, thereby avoiding crossing the road.

You can see an example in the screenshot below :

where the red path is the one that is currently generated (wrong) and the blue path is the wished one. Is there any way of doing this?

I have tried to add ch.disable = true and play with different headings, but nothing changes… Would love if this was possible as it would resolve .a lot of headaches.

Any help is appreciated.

Currently there is no such feature (“right of the road”) implemented but if you specify ch.disable=true and a heading into the north this should work in your specific case.

Indeed the tricky part here could be that the first point should have no heading assigned, and I do it here with:

heading=NaN&heading=0

where the first heading is for the start and the second for the destination. heading is north based & clock wise angle from 0 to 360.

Hi there!

That’s true, that works rather well! I just didn’t realize i had to specify the heading for both points.

However the overall thing i am trying to solve is much trickier than this :confused: Basically I have many “servicing points” that I throw at the route optimization API. and they come in whatever “most optimal” order is defined. Here there is no way of specify a heading for each service point, which means that if I had additional “stops” underneath the red one I illustrated in the pictures, but i override the heading coming from the “right side of the street” I would service the “top one” that I illustrated first, then get re-routed to the one below, and so on. I would be basically run in circles. I guess there is no easy way to solve this issue just yet?..

Indeed, when combining this with the optimization this gets very tricky, also from theoretical point of view.

What you could try is to cluster “close” points and then determine the order of these “close” points in a pre-processing step and then feed this to the Route Optimization API using in_direct_sequence relations. Will think further through it :slight_smile:

Appreciate it karussell! I will let you know how this unfolds… :slight_smile: