Bike routing over steps

Hi!

I just experienced that routing with bike2 uses a stair on this request:

http://s7.thalon.me:8989/maps/?point=Brunnenstraße%2011a%20Höhr-Grenzhausen&point=Kirchstr.%20Höhr-Grenzhausen&locale=de-DE&vehicle=bike2&weighting=fastest&elevation=true&use_miles=false&layer=Omniscale

This is obviously not a good route as there are huge stairs. The edges are correctly mapped with Highway=steps in OSM. Can someone tell me why that happens and how to avoid it? This is especially important for me as I’m trying to implement wheelchair routing and this route is kind of a test case for me.

I appreciate any input! Thanks a lot in advance!

Stairs are currently allowed: https://github.com/graphhopper/graphhopper/blob/master/core/src/main/java/com/graphhopper/routing/util/BikeCommonFlagEncoder.java#L159

as I’m trying to implement wheelchair routing and this route is kind of a test case for me.

See Wheelchair routing profile by don-philipe · Pull Request #1726 · graphhopper/graphhopper · GitHub as a good starting point also for the details. Please note: the wheelchair profile is still not tested and we would appreciate an improvement here.

1 Like

Ah, I see!

Thank you for pointing me to the pull request on github.This seems to be a very good starting point for route generation for wheelchairs.

Unfortunally, I’m too much of a newbie especially in Java (as you probably can see from my stupid noob questions :wink: ), so I’d need to learn a lot before I can contribute myself :-(. But I’ll definitivly look into it and will see what I can do.

Ah, I managed to enable wheelchair routing! I wasn’t aware that it’s only in later releases. I used 0.13 first (as described in the quick start guide), now I’m using 1.0-pre13.

I think it’s really awesome that wheelchair routing is available. Thank you and the contributor so much!

I still have some issues, but will open another topic for that.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.