Adjoin message from osm sources file

How did the graphhopper get the adjoin message from OSM sources file,just like in AStar algorithm(in AStar.java file),
“EdgeIterator iter =edgeExplorer.setBaseNode(currNode);
int neighborNode = iter.getAdjNode();”
I cannot find informations about “adjNode” from graphhopper or OSM website(like https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:route)。Can some coder give me a hint about “adjNode” message? I’m so confused with this problem. Thanks for your reply,very very much.

GraphHopper creates a graph representing the route network. Every junction of this network is represented as a node and all the roads in between as edges. Each node and edge gets an ID (an integer number). When you do edgeExplorer.setBaseNode(currNode) you can traverse the edges at the node with ID currNode. You get the first edge by calling iter.next(). Then iter.getAdjNode() returns the ID of the node this edge is going to.

My question didn’t talk about the graph features of Graphhopper itself but the accurate relative message

of OSM file (nodeA’s adjNode is nodeB) which read by Graphhopper from OSM file. I cannot find any informations (relative message or road adjoining messages)from OSM source file. How to calculate the adjoining message by osm file?

Thanks for your answering my email,

very much.

—Original—

What do you mean when you are saying ‘message’? And what is an adjoining message? And what is a relative message?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.