Trouble when tweaking with Demo

I currently am working around the provided android demo (using android studio) and am trying to change how edges are weighed for a project I will be working on concerning road safety.

As a test on the Berlin map, I hardcoded an if statement in the fastest weighing class which said if the street name is equal to this hardcoded street name then return infinity. I was under the impression that this would make it so that this street would thus be ignored, but it was not. At first, I thought that maybe I was editing the wrong file, but when one of my markers was put on this hardcoded street, it would return that the value could not be computed.

Of course eventually I would flesh out a better method for what I want to do, but I am just trying to get an understanding for why this is occurring. I do understand how Dijkstra’s algorithm works and was under the impression that the edges which under that street name would be ignored and the surrounding edges would lay way to the fastest path.

Thank you so much!

Have a look at the custom weighting. You either need to disable CH or re-do the CH preparation.

1 Like

Sorry for the late thanks, had midterms this past week. Thanks so much!

1 Like