Respecting limited_traffic_zone boundaries

Does Graphhopper respect limited_traffic_zone or low_emission_zone boundaries? Is that possible to enable/disable those at query time?

This is related to my other post.

I don’t think so, sorry.

It might be possible to do this on your own GraphHopper instance. AFAIK, GraphHopper does not use boundaries right now.

If you want to block access to these areas you could try using the block_area feature, where you could pass polygons of the areas you want to block (either on import or on a per request base).

I don’t think block_area takes a polygon, see this.

Sorry you are right, the change endpoint accepts polygons.

I didn’t know about the change endpoint. That’s interesting! But I don’t think it actually helps much. What I am looking for is a way to enable/disable the area at query time. This is because any of the users may or may not have the permission to pass the limited traffic zone. E.g., in some cities, taxis and public transit vehicles are allowed to use to pass the zone, ordinary vehicles are not. So, we must be able to somehow route based on any user requirement.

Spatial rules seems a promising way of solving this problem, but I am not sure how to enable/disable them at query time.

See my answer in this topic