Ignore barriers for hiking

I currently have the problem that my routes are not yet usable, cause even if there is a small gate (which a hiker can easily walk around, in my sample a "barrier": "gate") I won’t get any results. So I was trying around but don’t know where my exact problem is.

I tried to remove all absoluteBarriers as well as potentialBarriers from AbstractFlagEncoder and all it’s subclasses that used it to try to get it working, but still, I won’t get a route passing the barrier.

Also I commented out everything inside handleNodeTags(...) in the AbstractFlagEncoder as it seems to handle the blocking of roads… Still, no success

Also… could somebody explain to me what the blockByDefault as well as blockFords do? Fords is a Furt in German? So a little river that blocks a road?

Thanks,
Georg

EDIT: Just saw that steps have the same problems. Hiking (nor Foot) won’t use steps (also not when using the demo on the main graphopper homepage).

A ford is a river crossing the road, yes. And by default we block ways that cross fords for safety except for the hike profile.

blockByDefault

This blocks potential barriers by default. I.e. if no foot=yes is specified.

Hiking (nor Foot) won’t use steps (also not when using the demo on the main graphopper homepage).

That is probably a tagging problem, tested it on a random place and it works