Alternative routes - display

Hi,
I would find it very nice and useful if alternative routes would be represented in a 2D graph, possibly overlaid on the map (similar to the route elevation graph). The graph would consist of points, with coordinates e.g. (time,distance). Choosing the alternative path would be done by hovering over (or clicking on) a corresponding point in the graph.

Alternative routes are already shown on the map and you can select them via the tab on the left side as shown here. Clicking on the specific alternative is not done though and you are invited to get involved to make this happen :slight_smile: !

How can I get involved to make it happen?

Start changing the things that you want to change … e.g. read the docs and this contributing guide

Hi

I have seen on the blog and in other pages, that there is some tabs with the alternate routes.

I would like to know if the HTML/JS code is available ?(in other word : if I use the premium webservicewith alternate routes, with the code of the ‘maps’ page, will it display the tabs too)

The code of the main.js on the ‘maps’ page is minify and don’t let us to seek things easilly. Are the sources before minification availables ? or any JS files that manage alternative routes ?

I have seen a demo page but it is not displayed as described on the blog.

What do you mean by “not done though” the code is done but not available ?

thanks

The code of the main.js on the ‘maps’ page is minify and don’t let us to seek things easilly. Are the sources before minification availables ? or any JS files that manage alternative routes ?

Yes, sure: see the other js files :smiley:

See the package.json to see how the main.js is created. See the docs for more details about the development in Java&Javascript.